Friday 30 October 2009

Roger Deckker


Roger Deckker


Generally speaking contemporary fashion photography does not excite me as much, there are exceptions of course... Something to do with the invention of the digital camera I expect, it leaves me cold.
There is a lack of gritty, experimental and emotional qualities that are so deeply embedded in analog photography. I don't imagine, that the likes of Deborah Turberville, Sarah Moon, Paolo Roversi have fully embraced digital. Then again I could be wrong.

In any case I have recently discovered Roger Deckker, the image above really reminds me of Sam Haskins' November Girl. I like the variations and the way he pushes the medium. One image in particular, which I hope to post soon could easily be confused with a shot of Nico.

No comments:

Post a Comment